Join me at The Herb Garden where we will start by identifying some of the most important native Irish wild medicinal herbs and learning about their beneficial properties.
The identification session will be followed by a practical demonstration on the various methods I use to make medicinal herbal teas, infusions, oils, tinctures and poultices, using both fresh and dried herbs.
You will have an opportunity to taste a range of herbal teas. Bring your own keep cup if you have one.
Itinerary and Booking
Venue: The Herb Garden and The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre, Naul, Co. Dublin
Date: Saturday 18th May 2024
10:45: Meet outside The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre in Naul Village
11:00 – 13:00: Plant identification session at The Herb Garden
13:00 – 14:00: Lunch at The Cottage Café at The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre
14:00 – 16:00: Practical demonstration at The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre
Cost includes the following:
- Herbal tea tastings
- Photo eBook on native Irish wild herbs and their uses
- Herb Tea eBooklet on making herbal teas for common ailments
- Notes on making the herbal preparations that we will cover in the workshop
Please note the cost of lunch is not included, but you can bring a packed lunch if you wish.
Contact: Denise on 087 2758896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: I don’t have an automated booking system in place so if there is a short delay between your booking and receiving your confirmation email, please don’t worry!
Read on for more information…
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Identify a wide range of native Irish wild medicinal herbs and learn about their beneficial properties and uses
- Safely use herbs to treat minor ailments
- Make medicinal herbal teas that also taste good using both fresh and dried herbs
- Make herbal oils, tinctures and poultices
- Understand quantities to use and safe dosage practices
- Know when herbal remedies should not be used without consulting a qualified medical herbalist
- Save money by using freely available native plants to make your own effective remedies instead of buying expensive pharmaceutical products
We will look at the following wild herbs in detail:
- Ground ivy
We will also discuss some of the other seasonal wild herbs and many of the popular culinary herbs that also have medicinal uses.
If you have any enquiries or would like to book a custom workshop, please Contact Us.